How to Choose a Medical Plan
The best medical plan is the one that fits your and your family's needs. Here are some things you should keep in mind when deciding which plan to choose:
- How much will I spend in premiums with each health plan?
- Would I rather spend more in premiums to have more predictable out-of-pocket expenses, or save money on premiums to contribute to a Health Savings Account instead?
- How healthy is my family?
- What prescriptions do we need, and how much will they cost under each plan?
- Did we have high medical costs last year, or mostly preventive care?
- Are my providers all in the network, or do I need to see out-of-network doctors?
When enrolling in benefits in the benefits portal, you can also use the MyChoice tool to help you decide on a medical plan.
See below for some examples that take into account both the cost of premiums and the cost of receiving medical care under different plans.